Letter from the Rector Office to the Students of BlueCrest College, Ghana
Dec 21, 2020
We are ending the year 2020 with a mix of jubilation, reflections and learning for all of us. We know that this year has been challenging for the whole world due to the Pandemic. But we are proud of our students and staff that we could complete the Spring and Fall 2020 semesters with minor delays. We also learnt how to use technology and e-learning better due to the situation we faced during the lockdown. We are proud of all students who supported us and continued studying.
We have welcomed the new SRC body this month and are eager to work further with the SRC and with all students to ensure the success of all students of the college.
The government of Ghana has indicated we can start the classroom sessions on campus from January 2021 and if there is no counter direction from the government about it, we will start classroom sessions from January 11, 2021.
Please note the following points:
A. January-April 2021 Session
1. We are organizing an additional session from January to April 2021 in addition to the Spring 2021 session (starting from April end) and Fall session 2021 (starting from September 2021). Students can enrol and start studying in the Jan-April 2021 session even before the declaration of the Fall 2020 results. This additional January-April 2021 session will help all students to accelerate their studies and to graduate faster.
2. All students of all programs can enrol in Jan-Apr 2021 session except the low enrolment courses (no. of students in a course less than 5). The low enrolment courses will be offered in the Spring and Fall 2021 sessions only.
Do well to enrol in Jan – Apr 2021 session in groups with your friends to ensure that at least 5 students are there in the course.
B. Integration with Coursera
3. All students enrolled in Jan 2021 sessions and further will have free access to Coursera courses too. From Jan 2021, semester 1 courses will be integrated with Coursera. And from Spring 2021 all semester courses will be integrated with Coursera.
Advantages of integration with Coursera
i. BlueCrest Coursera platform is active now. Students will have access to high-quality learning material and videos of Coursera. The material and videos are prepared by world-renowned Universities. So students will have exposure to world-class learning.
ii. After completing the Coursera courses (integrated with BlueCrest courses and also additional courses of choice), students will be able to obtain the certificate. So BlueCrest students now will be able to make a portfolio of value-added certificates from world-class education institutes while studying the BlueCrest programs.
iii. Skill development: Coursera courses are excellent for developing practical skills. Also, the faculty members at BlueCrest will now use flipped teaching methods where students will study concepts and theories in the Coursera and apply the learning in the classroom in the BlueCrest College. So students will be able to develop their practical skills and focus on applications of the learning.
C. Graduation Day
4. BlueCrest will organize a graduation day by the end of February 2021. We are getting ready to announce the venue and date of graduation ceremony soon.
D. New Developments
5. A new intranet is ready for the students to see the current developments of the college: https://intranet.bluecrest.edu.gh. This will help all students to get familiar with what all the centres and departments of the college are doing actively.
6. We are developing an ERP system where all students will also have login access to see their grades and fee paid and fee due. This system will be launched by the middle of the year 2021. Also, each student will be assigned an advisor.
7. We are working to provide a platform to all students where they can showcase their achievements, projects and learning from each course and semester online as an e-portfolio that will help students in getting employment faster and in the development of entrepreneurial skills too.
8. We are planning to recruit a dean/director dedicated to students’ experience at BlueCrest College to ensure all our students receive a great experience with us.
9. We have launched an online platform for our alumni: https://www.raklet.com/bluecrestgh. BlueCrest Alumni can use this BlueCrest alumni and partners' platform to grow their professional network, connect to their batch mates, meet other alumni in different cities anywhere in the world, find a job, and post a job or internship opportunities too. BlueCrest is determined to support alumni and partners in enhancing the quality of lives and professional careers.
10.BlueCrest has launched an online training portal: https://training.bluecrest.edu.gh/ that will help students continue their lifelong learning.
Please feel free to meet me or send an email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you have any queries. Enjoy your Christmas Break. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Dr Anand Agrawal, Rector, BlueCrest College, GhanaCLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF